This is an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager to join the 2nd Watch Sales team in a fast paced, growth stage business that is accelerating its well-regarded leadership position in a game changing industry. The role will report to the Director of Account Management and will be responsible for building, managing, and expanding customer relationships in partnership with the Regional Territory Managers in their assigned territory. You will be responsible for managing communications and best practices between internal and external teams to help drive sales achievement.
We are looking for someone who enjoys variety, thrives on molding ambiguity into meaningful action, brings energy and team oriented enthusiasm to their work, and has demonstrated experience in managing a book of business in the technology space. This role will provide the right candidate the opportunity to contribute and grow in an environment surrounded by smart, driven, and fun people; while having a tremendous impact on company-wide execution that brings the right outcomes for our clients and our business. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of building, growing, and managing a large book of business.
We’re hiring an exceptional Account Manager to work with our enterprise customers. 2nd Watch puts our customers first and we obsess over ensuring their trust is our first priority. To earn that trust in a constantly changing technology arena like cloud-computing, it requires building a world-class team to tackle unforeseen challenges.
The ideal candidate is someone who…
· Enjoys working in a rapid growth environment
· Operates with the highest levels of integrity
· Is a natural leader who thrives on bringing clarity, focus, and action to new and existing issues
· Thinks Big and takes on Big Challenges
· Has a continuous thirst for knowledge and is a perpetual learner
· Is a World Class Communicator across every facet of the organization
· Strives to make themselves and everyone around them better
· Is Selfless, thinks team first, and has a relentless drive to “win”
· Has a passion for selling services and software to large enterprises
· Participate with their Director and sales team in the planning of assigned sales and determination of specific account prospects and forecasting short and long-term funnel. Expectations are that the AM proactively works with the RTM to maintain a funnel of at least 500% of their quarterly quota by Revenue Category.
· Analyze prospect's business activity, present mode of operation, profit status and similar areas of consideration. Determine potential problem areas and develop an appropriate sales approach.
· Deliver and drive ongoing value to existing customers including: customer onboarding, quarterly business reviews, ongoing product briefings and introduction of additional workloads.
· Organize sales calls by priority of potential prospect needs and total sales potential. Accurately, timely and promptly reflect all account activity in the sales forecasting system.
· Create targeting strategy for new prospects and research organization decision makers and business drivers. Assist in developing and maintaining contact and rapport with appropriate personnel; question prospects on needs, product requirements and current product problems; outline basic product needs. Establish a high degree of collaboration and work closely and cooperatively with all internal 2nd Watch teams to develop proposals.
· Work closely and collaboratively with AWS Sales and Partner Teams within assigned Region.
· Prepare presentation of proposals; anticipate problem areas and points of potential sales resistance and close business.
· Adhere to all 2nd Watch corporate and employee ethics and expense policies.
· Relationship Management
o Develop a strong presence within territory with both customers and partners.
o Develop and manage relationships with enterprise and mid-market customers in Fortune 2000.
o Position 2nd Watch as a trusted, strategic business partner to customer with differentiated value proposition.
o Assist customers with leveraging the platforms and solutions that they’ve recently adopted.
o Be a subject matter expert in 2nd Watch offerings with the ability to devise and execute customer training.
o Lead all any customer issues to complete resolution taking a customer first approach.
o Accelerate customer adoption of cloud and professional services through education and engagement.
o Translate customer’s critical business and technology issues into profitable cloud and services opportunities.
o Leverage internal resources at multiple levels to build and deliver the best solution for the customer.
o Demonstrate strong business acumen by preparing and presenting solutions to decision makers (CXO, VP) on an ROI basis.
o Ensure customer satisfaction by delivering projects with highest degree of accuracy and professionalism.
· Business Management
o Develop and maintain a business portfolio that includes existing business in the form of contract renewals.
o Develop and execute against territory plan to consistently deliver quarterly revenue targets and business objectives.
o Manage numerous accounts concurrently and strategically in collaboration with the Regional Territory Managers.
o Provide accurate monthly/quarterly revenue forecast through disciplined sales and pipeline methodology.
o Prospect on a continual basis in collaboration with the Regional Territory Managers to ensure net new business pipeline targets are consistently met.
· Opportunity Management
o Effectively qualify opportunities to ensure greatest return on time and resource investment.
o Use consultative /solution selling methodology to understand business problems and define solutions.
o Fully understand customer’s decision making process to create and execute a predictable closing plan.
o Work with the Regional Territory Managers to negotiate and close managed services and professional services agreements at the executive-level.
o Engage partners to develop and execute joint selling approach to customers where appropriate.
o Proactively build and expand on existing customer relationships to drive net new revenue opportunities.
o Utilize customer relationships, professional networks and other industry forums to create new opportunities.
o Collaborate with internal 2nd Watch teams to provide each customer with an excellent experience. Facilitate communications across teams to make sure the customer’s needs come first.
· 5-7 years of experience in technology, support services or professional services sales.
· Track record of exceeding all business objectives (top 10%-20% of company) in past positions in enterprise or mid-market.
· Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to executive-level decision maker (CXO, VP).
· Results delivering high levels of Customer Satisfaction over time, examples of a single customer over a period > 3 years.
· Examples of customer account tenure > 3 years managing and growing an account.
· Experience negotiating and closing software and services contracts, including proposal and SOW creation.
· Experience building strong relationships with customers and partners.
· Experience orchestrating and managing virtual team members and partners to drive customer engagements.
· Knowledge and experience in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Cloud or other service offerings preferred.
· Fundamental knowledge of IT landscape preferred.
· Previous consultative selling or solution selling methodology and process training.
· Experience with Microsoft CRM, Salesforce.com or similar customer relationship management software.
· Highly adaptable and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
· Travel to and within territory as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, MBA preferred.