Amazon Web Services Alliance Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an Alliance Manager to join the 2nd Watch team in a fast paced, growth stage business that is accelerating its well-regarded leadership position in a game changing industry. The role will report to the EVP, Strategic Business Development and Marketing and will be responsible for building, managing, and expanding relationships and programs with Amazon Web Services. You will be responsible for managing communications and best practices between internal and external teams to help drive sales achievement.
We are looking for someone who enjoys variety, thrives on molding ambiguity into meaningful action, brings energy and team oriented enthusiasm to their work, and has demonstrated experience in managing a book of business in the technology space. This role will provide the right candidate the opportunity to contribute and grow in an environment surrounded by smart, driven, and fun people; while having a tremendous impact on company-wide execution that brings the right outcomes for our clients and our business. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of building, growing, and managing relationships with enterprise technology vendors.
We’re hiring an exceptional Alliance Manager to work with our most important partner, Amazon Web Services. 2nd Watch puts our customers first and we obsess over ensuring their trust is our first priority. To earn that trust in a constantly changing technology arena like cloud-computing, it requires building a world-class team to tackle unforeseen challenges.
The ideal candidate is someone who…
- Enjoys working in a rapid growth environment
- Operates with the highest levels of integrity
- Is a natural leader who thrives on bringing clarity, focus, and action to new and existing issues
- Thinks Big and takes on Big Challenges
- Has a continuous thirst for knowledge and is a perpetual learner
- Is a World Class Communicator across every facet of the organization
- Strives to make themselves and everyone around them better
- Is Selfless, thinks team first, and has a relentless drive to “win”
- Has a passion for selling services and software to large enterprises
- Understanding the partner organization and sales process at Amazon Web Services
- Executing a cadence with Amazon Web Services in order to communicate our value proposition, update on our field-team and the 2nd Watch Sales Process
- Executing tactical field activities that build relationshops with AWS and 2nd Watch teams
- Communicates and coordinates updates on 2nd Watch new offerings, wins, and capabilities to AWS
- Serves as the primary liaison between 2nd Watch and the Partner Sales Personnel at AWS (Enterprise, Mid-market, Alliance, Marketing and Incubation teams) and AWS Product Teams (EC2, MarketPlace, Billing, etc.)
- Collaborates with 2nd Watch market-based Regional Territory Managers (RTMs) and Account Managers (AMs) to drive consistency in brand, metrics, and Go-To-Market (GTM) messaging
- Identifies and collaborates on conference and event strategy (AWS re:Invent, Summits, etc.), including award submissions, client use case submissions, demand generation, networking events and executive meetings surrounding the AWS relationship
- Serves as 2nd Watch brand ambassador to identify opportunities to present, sponsor, or co-market events
- Manages the Partner Competency Program and coordinates partner-enablement for certifications
- Responsible for pipeline reporting, leveraging AWS APN Network
- Establishes performance standards, scorecards and data gathering required to evaluate and manage performance of the partnership
- Identifies opportunities to leverage partner funding and works with local market leaders to apply funds to existing client opportunities
- Coordinates with 2nd Watch local RTMs, Account Management, Marketing, Product Development and Delivery Teams to meet defined performance, engagement, and revenue growth objectives
- Deeply engaged with 2nd Watch sales and account management organization to support achievement of bookings targets and new client acquisition targets.
- Responsible for rolling out to our RTM and delivery teams the most recent and reoccurring programs that AWS offers (POC, MDF, AWS MAP, etc.)
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates AWS and 2nd Watch needs on an ongoing basis and works to manage channel conflict
- Executes joint marketing events and initiatives alongside local 2nd Watch Marketing and/or Cross-Market Alliance Marketing
- Travel to events to represent 2nd Watch – up to 50% travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years combined experience in channel, business development, or consulting services
- Self-starter with natural networking skills (charisma and high energy)
- Highly focused on customer success and the ability to tell that story to partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort working with cross-functional teams
- Experience developing partner programs and support infrastructure with proven success in delivering GTM strategies and results
- Expertise in partner/channel pipeline development and management skills with keen attention to detail
- General understanding of foundational technologies (cloud, compute, database, visualization, etc.)
- Strong executive presence, ability to manage up, and experience presenting at the executive level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to persuasively articulate 2nd Watch values as an AWS partner.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills