Project Coordinator - MCS
This position will be working as a Project Coordinator and shall provide day-to-day support to the MCS PMO and MCS management team. The project coordinator will organize people and resources to ensure projects run smoothly and efficiently. This position will also provide administrative support to the MCS department. Experience with similar scale roles and organizational administration, as the project coordinator is task focused, works under the direction of the project manager, and will grow into being given small independent projects to manage.
Primary role and responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
• Provide project management support for project scheduling, tracking, issue management, risk management, change management, and status reporting.
• Provide project management support for project activities to ensure that the project is completed on time, within budget and within scope.
• Schedule and run project meetings and take meeting notes and publish
•Update project status, issues/risks, next steps, accomplishment, budget etc. in Portfolio and Project Management tool on a weekly basis.
• Prepare, maintain and update project schedule on a regular basis.
• Works closely and serves as a backup person to the project managers as needed.
• Plans and coordinates work with teams. Assist with design and implementation of project plans. Generally, work with other managers and technical teams. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Prepares reports and matrix for upper management regarding status of project.
• Coordinate and facilitate business processes under the guidance of process manager as needed.
• Self-directed and independent.
Required / Desired Skills
Information Technology Background (Required 3 Years)
Excellent communication and Project coordinating skills (Required 3 Years)
Expert skill level in using Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) (Required 5 Years)
Strong skills in project scheduling utilizing a project scheduling and portfolio management tool such as MS Project, (Highly Desired 3 Years)
Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Or Equivalent (Highly Desired 1 Years)