The ideal candidate is someone who…
- Operates with the highest levels of integrity
- Thinks Big and takes on Big Challenges
- Has a continuous thirst for knowledge and is a perpetual learner
- Strives to make themselves and everyone around them better
- Has a passion for technology
Do you like helping customers and partners solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? The ideal candidate would be familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks. Do you want to be part of the 2nd Watch team to establish Amazon Web Services cloud solutions as a leading technology platform?
2nd Watch (www.2ndwatch.com) is a global systems integrator based in the US, and we specialize in helping enterprise customers migrate their infrastructure to the cloud using the majority of opensource technologies. We’re well funded, growing rapidly and have already established an impeccable track record of customer success across the country.
We're building our team with talented and passionate Cloud Consultants who will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a broad use of Amazon's utility computing web resources.
We’re hiring exceptional Cloud Consultants to work with our customers. 2nd Watch puts our customers first and we obsess over ensuring their trust is our first priority. To earn that trust in a constantly changing technology arena like cloud-computing, it requires building a world-class team to tackle unforeseen challenges.
- Owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects.
- Developing a deep expertise in AWS technologies.
- Being subject matter expert and taking on a consultative role as it pertains to cloud adoption.
- Ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust
- Evangelize security within 2nd Watch and be an advocate for keeping customer information secure
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent 2nd Watch well within a solution provider’s environment as well as directly to our customers
- Drive discussions with senior personnel within the company and possess a technical background that enables them to easily interact with and give guidance to software developers and architects
- Working knowledge of AWS and/or Azure, or experience building High-Availability or High Traffic infrastructure
- Linux Engineer: 5-10 years of Linux experience. They must be high-level subject matter expert with multiple distro’s (RHEL, CentOS, etc), Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, OpenVZ, VMware, Chef, Puppet
- Windows Engineer: 5-10 years of Windows experience designing solutions with technologies like: MSSQL, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, IIS 7 & 8, Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, Hyper-V,etc.
- Must have practical, hands on experience working with Puppet.
- The successful candidate will be highly technical and analytical
- Demonstrate 5-10 years of implementation/consulting experience
- Possess experience working within the software development or Internet industries
- Understanding of application, server, and network security
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
- Industry certifications
- You will have access to several customer production sites and applications. Confidentiality and non-disclosure of client information is a requirement and non-negotiable
- Familiarity of a disaster recovery process and reporting security breaches is desired
- Familiarity with and experience working with the following compliance standards: Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, PCI (Add more if needed)
- Up to 40% travel may be required
In return we’ll give you the opportunity to help build something truly spectacular!
For the right candidate, we offer a great package including relocation, base, stock options and excellent medical benefits.
About 2nd Watch
2nd Watch is an enterprise workload management provider that helps companies accelerate data center capacity growth through adoption of the public cloud. The company’s public cloud-native services and tools implement and automate critical workload management processes including migration, procurement, provisioning, operations, financial management, and governance. 2nd Watch has helped hundreds of customers increase agility and lower operation costs by shifting workloads into more than 75,000 instances in the public cloud. The venture-backed company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
To learn more about 2nd Watch, visit www.2ndwatch.com or call 1-888-317-7920.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer -- M/F/D/V
Apply now or contact us for a confidential discussion