Cloud Operations Engineer – Tier 1 Support
Continue building your technical skills with an awesome team of industry professionals
Make your mark in this rapidly growing startup as we bring Cloud Services to the Enterprise
Work closely with top-tier customers to ensure success in a highly rewarding role
2nd Watch (www.2ndwatch.com) is a global systems integrator based in the US, and we specialize in helping enterprise migrate their infrastructure to the cloud. We’re well funded, growing rapidly and have already established an impeccable track record of customer success across the country.
We're building our team with talented and passionate Operations Engineers to lead the resolution of complex software and infrastructure-related technical issues in Cloud Services.
We’re hiring exceptional Engineers to work with our enterprise clients. 2nd Watch puts our customers first and we obsess over ensuring their trust is our first priority. To earn that trust in a constantly changing technology arena like cloud-computing, it requires building a world-class team to tackle unforeseen challenges. You will be responsible for supporting, maintaining, configuring and troubleshooting a wide range of services such as: Microsoft, Linux, and Desktop operating systems, Exchange, Lync Server, AD, SQL, IIS, etc. in an onsite support environment. The ideal candidate will be a technical resource on-site at a very large client and will act as the liaison between the customer and Managed Services team. They will identify need for and assist with customer escalations and act as business driver to improve customer's and 2nd Watch’s internal operations. Represent customer needs to cross functional teams within 2nd Watch. Present operational issues/activity, customer satisfaction and gap analysis to customer and internal teams. Provide customers with updates on hot or escalated issues. Since we’re growing so rapidly, we’re looking to hire Engineers for our 2nd (4pm – 12am) and 3rd (12am – 8am) shifts to include weekend coverage.
- Provide remote and onsite support and resolution for complex technical issues
- Install, configure, administer, and monitor systems
- Implement pro-active monitoring for better availability and performance
- Validate the architecture and use cases of 2ndWatch, Microsoft and Amazon services in the customer support cycle
- Perform regular security reviews, document systems, processes, and procedures
- Strong intellectual and service operations depth, coupled with effective executive presence and a communication style that conveys expertise and instills confidence
- Identify and act quickly on opportunities to enhance customer experience
- Strong customer-centric mindset and ability to build and maintain strong, collaborative and effective relationships internally and externally
- Assuring effective communication to customer stakeholders in the event of a service disruption, degradation or outage to make sure that they receive the latest updates as our operations teams work to restore full service
- Continuously improve your skills, product expertise, and knowledge on related technical topics
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related discipline a plus
- Experience working in large enterprise environments
- 1-3 years of hands on experience with AWS based deployments; experience with other cloud platforms a plus
- Basic understanding of Compliance standards and rules for PCI, SOC2, and HIPAA is required
- Strong working knowledge of Linux including Red Hat, Centos, and Ubuntu is a must
- 3-5 years combined Windows and Linux system administration experience; no less than 2 years in either field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Splunk, and Oracle database administration activities including backup strategies and alerting a plus
- Preferred experience with performance tuning for Linux and web applications
- Preferred experience in clustered/dynamically scaling systems
- Python, Perl, Bash, or WSH experience a plus
- Automation experience a plus; Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation
- Experience with cloud monitoring solutions is a plus, (i.e. AWS Cloudwatch, Nagios, New Relic, Pingdom, and PagerDuty API integration)
- Experience using opensource technology is a plus
- Solid experience supporting products such as: Microsoft Server family, Lync Server, Exchange, Active Directory, SQL Server, IIS, VMWare, Citrix, SharePoint, Office 365, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting applications and infrastructure in an enterprise environment
- Ability to acquire a solid and in-depth knowledge and skill base of 2nd Watch, AWS and MS products and services
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant Microsoft certifications (such as MCSE or MCSM) would be a bonus
- Solid knowledge Cloud Services such as AWS, Azure, etc. would be a great bonus
- Travel may be required. Rotating on-call work required.
- You will have access to several customer production sites and applications. Confidentiality and non-disclosure of client information is a requirement and non-negotiable
- Familiarity of a disaster recovery process and reporting security breaches is desired
- Familiarity with and experience working with the following compliance standards: Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, PCI, SOC-2
In return we’ll give you the opportunity to help build something truly spectacular!
About 2nd Watch
2nd Watch is an enterprise workload management provider that helps companies accelerate data center capacity growth through adoption of the public cloud. The company’s public cloud-native services and tools implement and automate critical workload management processes including migration, procurement, provisioning, operations, financial management, and governance. 2nd Watch has helped hundreds of customers increase agility and lower operation costs by shifting workloads into more than 75,000 instances in the public cloud. The venture-backed company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
To learn more about 2nd Watch, visit www.2ndwatch.com or call 1-888-317-7920.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer -- M/F/D/V
Apply now or contact us for a confidential discussion!