Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
Continue building your technical skills with an awesome team of industry professionals
Make your mark in this rapidly growing startup as we bring Cloud Services to the Enterprise
Work closely with top-tier customers to ensure success in a highly rewarding role
2nd Watch (www.2ndwatch.com) is a global systems integrator based in the US, and we specialize in helping enterprise customers migrate their infrastructure to the cloud using the majority of opensource technologies. We’re well funded, growing rapidly and have already established an impeccable track record of customer success across the country.
We're building our team with talented and passionate Systems Engineers to lead the resolution of complex software and infrastructure-related technical issues in Cloud Services.
We’re hiring exceptional Level 2 Support Engineers to work with our enterprise customers. 2nd Watch puts our customers first and we obsess over ensuring their trust is our first priority. To earn that trust in a constantly changing technology arena like cloud-computing, it requires building a world-class team to tackle unforeseen challenges. You will be responsible for supporting, maintaining, configuring and troubleshooting a wide range of services spanning Microsoft and Linux platforms.
- Provide support and resolution for complex technical issues
- Install, configure, administer, and monitor cloud-based infrastructure
- Implement and maintain the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage (Nagios including add-ons and wrappers, NewRelic, DataDog, Splunk, AWS CloudWatch)
- Validate the architecture and use cases of 2ndWatch, Microsoft and Amazon services in the customer support cycle
- Perform regular security reviews including recommending gaps in infrastructure not meeting compliance rules (PCI, SOC2, HIPAA etc), document systems, processes, and procedures
- Feed market intelligence and potential product improvements to the exec and technical team and development team
- Expert development of run books and system configuration and architecture documentation
- Continuously improve your skills, product expertise, and knowledge on related technical topics
- Mentor Junior Engineers
- Ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust
- Evangelize security within 2nd Watch and be an advocate for keeping customer information secure
- Working as part of a team for a 24/7 rotating schedule
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience working in large enterprise environments
- 3+ years of hands on experience with AWS based deployments; experience with other cloud platforms a plus
- Basic understanding of Compliance standards and rules for PCI, SOC2, and HIPAA is required
- Strong working knowledge of Linux including Red Hat, Centos, and Ubuntu is a must
- 7+ years combined Windows and Linux system administration experience; no less than 2 years in either field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database administration activities including backup strategies and alerting
- Experience with performance tuning for Linux and web applications
- Experience in clustered/dynamically scaling systems
- Python, Perl, Bash, or WSH experience a plus
- Automation experience a plus; Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation
- Experience with cloud monitoring solutions is a plus, (i.e. AWS Cloudwatch, Nagios, New Relic, Pingdom, and PagerDuty API integration)
- Experience with Virtualization technology: Citrix, VMware
- Experience using opensource technology is a plus
- You will have access to several customer production sites and applications. Confidentiality and non-disclosure of client information is a requirement and non-negotiable
- Familiarity of a disaster recovery process and reporting security breaches is desired
- Familiarity with and experience working with the following compliance standards: Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, PCI (Add more if needed)
In return we’ll give you the opportunity to help build something truly spectacular!
About 2nd Watch
2nd Watch is an enterprise workload management provider that helps companies accelerate data center capacity growth through adoption of the public cloud. The company’s public cloud-native services and tools implement and automate critical workload management processes including migration, procurement, provisioning, operations, financial management, and governance. 2nd Watch has helped hundreds of customers increase agility and lower operation costs by shifting workloads into more than 75,000 instances in the public cloud. The venture-backed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer -- M/F/D/V
Apply now or contact us for a confidential discussion!