Who is 2nd Watch?
2nd Watch is an AWS Premier Partner providing managed cloud services to enterprises and a recognized leader among Managed Cloud Providers (MSPs). The company's subject matter experts, software-enabled services and cutting-edge solutions provide companies with tested, proven, and trusted solutions, allowing them to fully leverage the power of the public cloud seamlessly and within their own organizational constraints. 2nd Watch solutions are high performing, robust, increase operational excellence, decrease time to market, accelerate growth and lower risk. Its patent-pending, proprietary tools automate everyday workload management processes for big data analytics, digital marketing, line-of-business and cloud native workloads. 2nd Watch is a new breed of partner which tailors solutions for enterprises, including design, deploy and managed cloud solutions. 2nd Watch has more than 400 enterprise workloads under its management and more than 200,000 instances in its managed public cloud. The venture-backed company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. To learn more about 2nd Watch, visit www.2ndwatch.com or call 888-317-7920.
Why 2nd Watch?
2nd Watch is in growth mode, and we are looking to build out our existing teams this year. From Managed Cloud Services to Cloud Enablement, Operations, Application Development, DevOps, Automation, Product Development, and everything in between…we are looking for superstars. Our teams are setting industry-level standards around AWS product management and delivery, and we are looking for like-minded, focused candidates to join us. We're building our team with talented and passionate Cloud Consultants who will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a broad use of Amazon's utility computing web resources.
Where you fit:
2nd Watch has a unique company culture and working environment that live and breathe success and promote pushing the envelope every day in your respective role at the company. This is what drives our teams. Getting our attention takes creativity, ingenuity, a desire to improve each day, and a track record of caring about who you are affecting both positively and negatively while you are getting the right stuff done.
We are looking for a the most technically forward-thinking, Cloud-Passionate employees in the world and work daily to align our core values with those that we hire - Fearlessness, Tenacity, Humility, Customer Focus, Empowering One Another, Working Together, Winning as a Team, Honesty, Transparency, Having FUN – these are all key elements to who we hire.
Senior Azure Cloud Operations Engineer
Continue building your technical skills with an awesome team of industry professionals
Make your mark in this rapidly growing startup as we bring Cloud Services to the Enterprise
Work closely with top-tier customers to ensure success in a highly rewarding role
2nd Watch (www.2ndwatch.com) is a global systems integrator based in the US, and we specialize in helping enterprise customers migrate their infrastructure to the cloud using the majority of opensource technologies. We’re well funded, growing rapidly and have already established an impeccable track record of customer success across the country.
We're building our team with talented and passionate Systems Engineers to lead the resolution of complex software and infrastructure-related technical issues in Cloud Services.
We’re hiring exceptional Level 2/3 Support Engineers to work with our enterprise customers. 2nd Watch puts our customers first and we obsess over ensuring their trust is our first priority. To earn that trust in a constantly changing technology arena like cloud-computing, it requires building a world-class team to tackle unforeseen challenges. You will be responsible for supporting, maintaining, configuring and troubleshooting a wide range of services spanning Microsoft and Linux platforms.
· Provide support and resolution for complex technical issues
· Install, configure, administer, and monitor cloud-based infrastructure
· Implement and maintain the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage (Nagios including add-ons and wrappers, NewRelic, DataDog, Splunk, AZURE CloudWatch)
· Validate the architecture and use cases of 2ndWatch, Microsoft and Amazon services in the customer support cycle
· Perform regular security reviews including recommending gaps in infrastructure not meeting compliance rules (PCI, SOC2, HIPAA etc), document systems, processes, and procedures
· Feed market intelligence and potential product improvements to the exec and technical team and development team
· Expert development of run books and system configuration and architecture documentation
· Continuously improve your skills, product expertise, and knowledge on related technical topics
· Mentor Junior Engineers
· Ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust
· Evangelize security within 2nd Watch and be an advocate for keeping customer information secure
· Working as part of a team for a 24/7 rotating schedule
· Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related discipline
· Experience working in large enterprise environments
· 3+ years of hands on experience with Azure based deployments; experience with other cloud platforms a plus
· Basic understanding of Compliance standards and rules for PCI, SOC2, and HIPAA is required
· Strong working knowledge of Linux including Red Hat, Centos, and Ubuntu is a must
· 7+ years combined Windows and Linux system administration experience; no less than 2 years in either field
· Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database administration activities including backup strategies and alerting
· Experience with performance tuning for Linux and web applications
· Experience in clustered/dynamically scaling systems
· Python, Perl, Bash, or WSH experience a plus
· Automation experience a plus; Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation
· Experience with cloud monitoring solutions is a plus, (i.e. Azure, AWS Cloudwatch, Nagios, New Relic, Pingdom, and PagerDuty API integration)
· Experience with Virtualization technology: Citrix, VMware
· Experience using opensource technology is a plus
· You will have access to several customer production sites and applications. Confidentiality and non-disclosure of client information is a requirement and non-negotiable
· Familiarity of a disaster recovery process and reporting security breaches is desired
· Familiarity with and experience working with the following compliance standards: Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, PCI (Add more if needed)
Benefits and Perks:
· Beyond an amazing, collaborative work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
Competitive salaries and all employees are bonus eligible
401(k) with company stock plans to all employees
100% paid medical, dental and vision coverage for all employees and 90% paid for family, along with other wellness and disability plans
No limit / regulation on Paid Time Off – We let you manage yourself.