Technical Writer / Content Developer
In this role, you will create and maintain a wide range of technical content for both internal and customer-facing audiences.
- Do you have a passion for explaining things and helping others save time?
- Are you the go-to person for new apps and programs?
- Are you comfortable playing with new software to figure out how it works, then documenting your experience?
- Do you have an impeccable attention to detail, grammar, style and accuracy?
- Do you excel at interviewing subject matter experts to ensure accuracy, consistency and clarity?
- Do you have a passion for learning and growing?
Show us work samples that meets these requirements. This could include tutorials, graphics, videos, papers, blogs, forums, articles, technical content, documentation, or other technical content. Redact as needed to ensure compliance with Non-Disclosure Agreements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain technical documentation necessary for development, platform, software and operations teams to provision, optimize and support client cloud environments at scale.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and work instructions.
- Create, edit and audit content to ensure it reflects the 2nd Watch brand, document control standards and security requirements.
- Collaborate with Solutions Architects, Cloud Operations Engineers and Product Managers to develop and maintain internal and external technical content for different target audiences with a wide range of technical expertise.
- Write and edit end-user and internal-user content including process, work-instructions, prescriptive architectural guidance, troubleshooting, how-to, and other content that supports internal teams as well as customers.
- Contribute to operational and organizational analysis to identify improvement opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to conceptualize and develop content that strengthens the 2nd Watch brand.
- Communicate through conceptual documentation, detailed developer guides, code samples, API references and other technical content.
- Facilitate communication between Solutions Architects, Cloud Operations Engineers, Product Managers, Technical Account Managers, Sales and Marketing Professionals and Customers.
- Proofread, edit, clarify and format content written by others.
- Create and leverage technical content into internal and customer-facing training tools.
- Adhere to project plans to deliver documentation on-time and in-budget.
- Participate in knowledge management efficiency improvements.
Minimum Qualifications – You Have
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing, English, Communications, Journalism or related field. Or, a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business.
- At least 5 years’ experience writing technical content such as user manuals, quick start guides, marketing collateral, technical specifications, white papers, case studies or knowledge base articles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced IT work environment.
- A proven ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- A proven ability to learn new tools rapidly and stay abreast of industry standards and trends..
- Expertise with content management tools, best practices and industry standards.
- Experience writing installation, provisioning, setup, troubleshooting and user documentation.
- The ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- The demonstrated ability to adjust content to the audience’s assumed knowledge.
- Exceptional writing, grammar and organization skills with a strong attention to detail and clarity.
- Experience using screen shots, flow charts and other graphics to enhance content and usability.
- Experience managing standardized, controlled technical documentation.
- Experience with authoring, knowledge management and publishing tools.
- The proven ability to support engineering, sales and support teams with clear, concise and usable documentation that’s easy to follow.
- The demonstrated ability to write, edit, format and publish technical content for audiences with varying technical expertise.
- An ability to clearly communicate complex technical topics.
Your Attitude Demonstrates:
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- A proactive and positive approach to working with different skill levels and personality types.
- A strong desire to learn new technologies.
- A passion to improve efficiency and knowledge transfer.
- The desire to find a better way of doing things, share your unique expertise and build consensus
- The flexibility to change projects and priorities.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Confluence experience
- SharePoint experience
- Familiarity with public cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform a plus
- Familiarity with IT Service Management (ITSM) a plus
- Previous experience working in an agile programming environment a plus
- ITIL and Agile experience a plus