Sr. Product Manager – Managed Cloud Services
2nd Watch has an opening for a Sr. Product Manager reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Management to join our Product Management Team! The Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for leading 2nd Watch’s managed cloud services and driving product growth in this rapidly moving market. This will be achieved by researching global market opportunities, and challenges, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, developing strategic product plans, driving appropriate development, sales, and services activities and developing marketing collateral necessary to support assigned products.
Scope and Accountability
- Works collaboratively as a member of the 2nd Watch product management team to determine product strategy and requirements for the 2nd Watch Managed Cloud Services.
- Collaborates with the customers, engineers, solutions architects and account managers to innovate and design new solutions for our suite of service products.
- Evangelizes 2nd Watch products and capabilities to the cloud computing community.
- Partners with Managed Cloud Services and Cloud Enablement teams to research new technology directions in the emerging cloud market and recommends strategy to the organization.
- Works with customers to understand their cloud initiatives and identify product opportunities
- Collaborates with cross functional stakeholders to ensure release readiness across multiple products.
- Manages pricing and packaging of Managed Cloud Services offerings.
- Measures and analyzes margin performance of offerings.
- Works with new and existing software and service partners to fill gaps and bring additional value to 2nd Watch Managed Cloud Services customers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Skilled in defining, managing and evolving a differentiated positioning and messaging for assigned products and markets. Will oversee development of materials and assist with marketing programs.
- Ability to effectively represent products, markets and strategies to customers, partners, analysts and media through public speaking, social media, written and other communications.
- Ability to work with customers to understand current and emerging needs and translate into product requirements.
- Ability to articulate business value of products to internal and external customers.
- Expertise in launching new products and releases working with executive management, sales, operations, marketing, training, and support functions.
- Understanding of market dynamics and competitive landscape that affect product features, positioning and direction.
- The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience with product management of MSP services
- Experience with software and tools used by MSPs to support customer requirements
- Experience with cloud computing/virtualization technologies
- Demonstrated ability to learn new and complex technologies so that concepts can be communicated at all levels of the organization
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience evaluating, selecting and integrating 3rd party software and services
- Experience with market sizing, segmentation and competitive intelligence
- Knowledge of and demonstrated expertise in enterprise MSP offerings
- Honed analytical skills and highly developed communication skills
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and practices
- Experience working on software requirements for interdependent suite of products strongly desired
- Responds to RFIs/RFPs from customers and prospective customers.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent experience, Masters degree a plus
- 10+ years in technology product marketing or product management experience, SaaS or IaaS product experience a plus
About 2nd Watch
Born in the cloud over half a decade ago
Driven by innovation and the deep conviction that anything is possible with the right balance of agility and security, we are dedicated to staying in front of the cloud as we help our clients cope with this new technology, rapid innovation, competitive threats, and the challenges of developing a more efficient business process. We walk alongside our clients to help ensure their success in this post-hardware era.
2nd Watch’s team of experts works with clients in 196 countries and 14 cloud regions worldwide from the United States and Canada to South America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
A leader among global managed service providers
Gartner has named 2nd Watch a Leader in its Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Services Providers, Worldwide. 2nd Watch is proud to be recognized for its ability to execute and completeness of vision in the Leaders’ quadrant.