Who is 2nd Watch?
2nd Watch is an AWS Premier Partner providing managed cloud services to enterprises and a recognized leader among Managed Service Providers (MSPs). The company's subject matter experts, software-enabled services and cutting-edge solutions provide companies with tested, proven, and trusted solutions, allowing them to fully leverage the power of the public cloud seamlessly and within their own organizational constraints. 2nd Watch solutions are high performing, robust, increase operational excellence, decrease time to market, accelerate growth and lower risk. Its patent-pending, proprietary tools automate everyday workload management processes for big data analytics, digital marketing, line-of-business and cloud native workloads. 2nd Watch is a new breed of partner that tailors solutions for enterprises including design, deploy and managed cloud solutions. 2nd Watch has more than 400 enterprise workloads under its management and more than 200,000 instances in its managed public cloud. The venture-backed company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. To learn more about 2nd Watch, visit www.2ndwatch.com or call 888-317-7920.
Why 2nd Watch?
2nd Watch is in growth mode, and we are looking to build out our existing teams this year. From Managed Cloud Services to Cloud Enablement, Operations, Application Development, DevOps, Automation, Product Development, and everything in between…we are looking for superstars. Our teams are setting industry-level standards around AWS product management and delivery, and we are looking for like-minded, focused candidates to join us. We're building our team with talented and passionate Cloud Consultants who will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a broad use of Amazon's utility computing web resources.
Where you fit:
2nd Watch has a unique company culture and working environment that live and breathe success and promote pushing the envelope every day in your respective role at the company. This is what drives our teams. Getting our attention takes creativity, ingenuity, a desire to improve each day, and a track record of caring about who you are affecting, both positively and negatively, while you are getting the right stuff done.
We are looking for a the most technically forward-thinking, cloud-passionate employees in the world and work daily to align our core values with those that we hire - Fearlessness, Tenacity, Humility, Customer Focus, Empowering One Another, Working Together, Winning as a Team, Honesty, Transparency, Having FUN – these are all key elements to who we hire.
Cloud Operations Engineer - ( Tier 1) - Graveyard Shift required
The ideal candidate is someone who:
· Operates with the highest levels of integrity
· Thinks Big and takes on Big Challenges
· Has a continuous thirst for knowledge and is a perpetual learner
· Strives to make themselves and everyone around them better
· Has a passion for technology
Expertise you bring:
- Provide remote and onsite support and resolution for complex technical issues
- Install, configure, administer, and monitor systems
- Implement pro-active monitoring for better availability and performance
- Validate the architecture and use cases of 2ndWatch, Microsoft and Amazon services in the customer support cycle
- Perform regular security reviews, document systems, processes, and procedures
- Strong intellectual and service operations depth, coupled with effective executive presence and a communication style that conveys expertise and instills confidence
- Identify and act quickly on opportunities to enhance customer experience
- Strong customer-centric mindset and ability to build and maintain strong, collaborative and effective relationships internally and externally
- Assuring effective communication to customer stakeholders in the event of a service disruption, degradation or outage to make sure that they receive the latest updates as our operations teams work to restore full service
- Continuously improve your skills, product expertise, and knowledge on related technical topics
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust
Education, skills and experience you possess:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related discipline a plus
- Experience working in large enterprise environments
- 1-3 years of hands on experience with AWS based deployments; experience with other cloud platforms a plus
- Basic understanding of Compliance standards and rules for PCI, SOC2, and HIPAA is required
- Strong working knowledge of Linux including Red Hat, Centos, and Ubuntu is a must
- 3-5 years combined Windows and Linux system administration experience; no less than 2 years in either field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Splunk, and Oracle database administration activities including backup strategies and alerting a plus
- Preferred experience with performance tuning for Linux and web applications
- Preferred experience in clustered/dynamically scaling systems
- Python, Perl, Bash, or WSH experience a plus
- Automation experience a plus; Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation
- Experience with cloud monitoring solutions is a plus, (i.e. AWS Cloudwatch, Nagios, New Relic, Pingdom, and PagerDuty API integration)
- Experience using opensource technology is a plus
- Solid experience supporting products such as: Microsoft Server family, Lync Server, Exchange, Active Directory, SQL Server, IIS, VMWare, Citrix, SharePoint, Office 365, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting applications and infrastructure in an enterprise environment
- Ability to acquire a solid and in-depth knowledge and skill base of 2nd Watch, AWS and MS products and services
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant Microsoft certifications (such as MCSE or MCSM) would be a bonus
- Solid knowledge Cloud Services such as AWS, Azure, etc. would be a great bonus
- Travel may be required. Rotating on-call work required.
- You will have access to several customer production sites and applications. Confidentiality and non-disclosure of client information is a requirement and non-negotiable
- Familiarity of a disaster recovery process and reporting security breaches is desired
- Familiarity with and experience working with the following compliance standards: Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, PCI, SOC-2
Benefits and Perks of working at 2nd Watch :
Beyond an amazing, collaborative work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and all employees are bonus eligible
- 401(k) with company stock plans to all employees
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision coverage for all employees and 90% paid for family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- No limit / regulation on Paid Time Off – We let you manage yourself.
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, focus on Philanthropy and giving back to the communities we support