Who is 2nd Watch?
2nd Watch is an AWS Premier Partner providing managed cloud services to enterprises and a recognized leader among Managed Service Providers (MSPs). The company's subject matter experts, software-enabled services and cutting-edge solutions provide companies with tested, proven, and trusted solutions, allowing them to fully leverage the power of the public cloud seamlessly and within their own organizational constraints. 2nd Watch solutions are high performing, robust, increase operational excellence, decrease time to market, accelerate growth and lower risk. Its patent-pending, proprietary tools automate everyday workload management processes for big data analytics, digital marketing, line-of-business and cloud native workloads. 2nd Watch is a new breed of partner that tailors solutions for enterprises including design, deploy and managed cloud solutions. 2nd Watch has more than 400 enterprise workloads under its management and more than 200,000 instances in its managed public cloud. The venture-backed company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. To learn more about 2nd Watch, visit www.2ndwatch.com or call 888-317-7920.
Why 2nd Watch?
2nd Watch is in growth mode, and we are looking to build out our existing teams this year. From Managed Cloud Services to Cloud Enablement, Operations, Application Development, DevOps, Automation, Product Development, and everything in between…we are looking for superstars. Our teams are setting industry-level standards around AWS product management and delivery, and we are looking for like-minded, focused candidates to join us. We're building our team with talented and passionate Cloud Consultants who will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a broad use of Amazon's utility computing web resources.
Where you fit:
2nd Watch has a unique company culture and working environment that live and breathe success and promote pushing the envelope every day in your respective role at the company. This is what drives our teams. Getting our attention takes creativity, ingenuity, a desire to improve each day, and a track record of caring about who you are affecting, both positively and negatively, while you are getting the right stuff done.
We are looking for a the most technically forward-thinking, cloud-passionate employees in the world and work daily to align our core values with those that we hire - Fearlessness, Tenacity, Humility, Customer Focus, Empowering One Another, Working Together, Winning as a Team, Honesty, Transparency, Having FUN – these are all key elements to who we hire.
The ideal candidate is someone who…
· Operates with the highest levels of integrity
· Thinks Big and takes on Big Challenges
· Has a continuous thirst for knowledge and is a perpetual learner
· Strives to make themselves and everyone around them better
· Has a passion for technology
Expertise you bring:
· Owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects.
· Developing a deep expertise in AWS technologies.
· Being subject matter expert and taking on a consultative role as it pertains to cloud adoption.
· Ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust
· Evangelize security within 2nd Watch and be an advocate for keeping customer information secure
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Other duties as assigned
Education, skills and experience you possess:
· Must possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent 2nd Watch well within a solution provider’s environment as well as directly to our customers
· Drive discussions with senior personnel within the company and possess a technical background that enables them to easily interact with and give guidance to software developers and architects
· Working knowledge of AWS and/or Azure, or experience building High-Availability or High Traffic infrastructure
· Linux Engineer: 5-10 years of Linux experience. They must be high-level subject matter expert with multiple distro’s (RHEL, CentOS, etc), Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, OpenVZ, VMware, Chef, Puppet
· Windows Engineer: 5-10 years of Windows experience designing solutions with technologies like: MSSQL, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, IIS 7 & 8, Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, Hyper-V,etc.
· Must have practical, hands on experience working with Puppet.
· The successful candidate will be highly technical and analytical
· Demonstrate 5-10 years of implementation/consulting experience
· Possess experience working within the software development or Internet industries
· Understanding of application, server, and network security
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
· Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
· Industry certifications
· You will have access to several customer production sites and applications. Confidentiality and non-disclosure of client information is a requirement and non-negotiable
· Familiarity of a disaster recovery process and reporting security breaches is desired
· Familiarity with and experience working with the following compliance standards: Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, PCI (Add more if needed)
· Up to 40% travel may be required
Benefits and Perks of working at 2nd Watch :
· Beyond an amazing, collaborative work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks: